Car Rentals in Switzerland

Driving a Car in Switzerland

Driving licences from non-EU countries (except Switzerland) are accepted if:

a) no visa has been entered in the passport.

b) the customer has a visa in his passport and at the time of the car hire has not been in Europe for longer than 6 months.

If he has been in Europe for longer than 6 months, he must present a driving licence from an EU country.

Travel Warnings and Advisories

The Swiss pretty much go along with the countries in the EU when it comes to drunk driving (.05 mg/ml) and the maximum speed limit (120 kph).

They also have a rule regarding spectacles.

You are required to carry a back-up pair in the car if they are needed for driving.

A warning triangle in the boot is compulsory.

Swiss Car Rentals

Compare and Save on Car Rentals Worldwide
with CarTrawler