Kilmihil, County Clare
Old Parochial House
The Parochial House, Kilmihil was built in 1876.
priest of Kilmihil in 1876 was Fr. McMahon, later Canon, who served as P.P. of
Kilmihil for 44 years He died at the age of 91 on August 13 1916.
Looking at the fine structure of the Parochial House today, one cannot fail
to admire the very fine work of the tradesmen over one hundred years ago.
The money part of the construction was provided, by what was known at the
time as a 'Glebe' loan. The term 'Glebe' was used to designate the dwelling of a
Church of Ireland clergyman.
The Old Parochial House at 120
years old, has been maintained and refurbished to an excellent condition.
Compare and Save on Car Rentals Worldwide
Situated at the edge of West Clare,
it has wonderful views of the surrounding countryside. The rooms are spacious,
offering visitors both comfort and privacy. The ground floor consists of an
elegant hallway, 2 reception rooms, dining room, kitchen, bedroom, bathroom with
electric shower, large bath, toilet, wash basin and trouser press.
Upstairs, capturing panoramic views
of West Clare, there are six bedrooms. The house accomodates a total of twelve
people. Five of the rooms are en-suite.
Joe & Kathleen Reid
Tel: +353 65 6839310